Looking for something new to do this weekend? We compiled key historic points for Engage San Francisco‘s Place-Based Initiative Conference and invite you to explore our self-guided walk through the Fillmore District.
Some key points we included for the conference are:
- Western Addition Redevelopment
- Buchanan Mall
- Ella Hill Hutch Community Center
- Westside Community Center
- Saint John Coltrane Church
- The Chutes Amusement Park (former site)
- Yoshi’s Jazz Club (former site)
- Chicago Barber Shop (former site)
- Sheba’s Piano Bar
- The Fillmore Auditorium
- Buchanan YMCA
- Boom Boom Room
- Japan Culture and Trade Center
- Peace Plaza
- Japanese Community Youth Center
- Victorian Square
Check out photos from our Fillmore Walk on our Flickr page. Share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Tag us and use the hashtags #usfcaLTMC #FillmoreWalk for a chance to be featured on our page!
Share one new site or thing you learned from this walk in the comments below.
A gift of $5,000 funds a faculty member to conduct a community-based research project; $50,000 provides multi-year grants for 10 community engagement projects between USF faculty, students, staff and community based organizations. Donate today.